19 January Family and Student Update
Dear Parents and Students,
What a wonderful first couple of weeks back from the break we’ve had. The weather has been fantastic, and so many special events and fun learning opportunities took place. This week, for example, we saw Elementary and Middle School students and faculty engaged in literacy activities during Literacy Week. They enjoyed visits from guest authors, daily special events, and, a highlight of the week – our annual Middle School Reading Chair!
Our faculty are genuinely passionate about fostering a love of reading, and that dedication shows. Our students are avid readers, and their excitement this week was a joy to witness.
2024-2025 School Year Calendar
Our draft 2024-2025 School Year Calendar is now available and can be found HERE. The calendar is in draft because some of the public holidays have not yet been officially confirmed.
This is a friendly reminder that school photos will be taken in the next two weeks. Please refer to the schedule provided below and to messages from your divisional principals. Thank you for making the necessary arrangements to ensure that your child arrives in their complete Winter Uniform on the designated photo day. Kindly keep in mind that these pictures hold a lifetime of significance, so it is important to pay special attention to detail on that day. Please carefully review the following information.
- Early Childhood and Elementary School (Except G1Jr): Wednesday, 24th January
- High School: Monday, 29th January
- Middle School and G1Jr: Tuesday, 30th January
Please note the following:
- All students are required to wear their complete Winter Uniform. All students must wear a long-sleeved AIS school sweater, except for student in Early Childhood and Grade One Junior;
- Please ensure that school shirts are clean and ironed, and shoes are polished.
- Students in Elementary School with PE classes on Wednesday, 24th January should come to school in full winter uniform. PE uniforms will not be needed that day.
- Girls (G1-G12) are asked to wear black tights and to avoid wearing large hair bands, ribbons, or bows.
- Parents are asked to ensure that any undershirts worn are white with no images.
- If your child has a blazer, it may be worn for the individual photograph. The school winter jacket and fleece will not be worn for photos.
When the photographs have been developed, the office will send you an email which will include an order form along with sample photos of your child. If you wish to order photos, please complete the form and follow the instructions provided.
The Lunar New Year Celebration
We would like to express our sincere appreciation to the PTA for their support of our Lunar New Year preparations. This year, our PTA is providing fortune cookies that will be distributed to all AIS students and staff. Let’s embrace the spirit of Lunar New Year and enjoy these special treats together! Students will receive them as follows:
- Early Childhood, Elementary and Middle School: During lunch on Wednesday, 7th February
- High School: During their assembly on Thursday, 8th February
Please note that these fortune cookies are produced in a factory where eggs, peanuts, milk and their products are also handled. In case of other allergens, the ingredients for the fortune cookies include: Wheat Flour, Sugar, Vegetable Shortening (Palm Oil) (soy) (contains antioxidant (307b)), Glucose Syrup (contains acidity regulator (331, 330)), Raising Agent (450, 500), Colour (160a) (contains antioxidant (301, 307c)), Emulsifier (322) (soy).
Divisional Sports Days
Our Sports Days are confirmed, so please save the date(s)! Parents are welcome to attend at Kowloon Tsai Park to cheer on our student athletes. More information about dates and times will be forthcoming from our Divisional Principals, but please mark the dates in your calendars to be sure that you don’t miss out on the fun.
- Middle and High School Sports Day: Friday, 23rd February (Back Up Date: Friday, 8 March)
- Early Childhood and Elementary School: Wednesday, 13th March (Back Up Date: Friday, 12 April)
Parent Teacher Conferences (PTCs)
All AIS families are reminded of the upcoming Parent Teacher Conferences (PTCs) scheduled for Thursday, 25th January and Friday, 26th January. To stay informed and receive important updates about the PTCs, please ensure that you monitor your email regularly.
Parents Make The Difference
The February issues of Parents Make the Difference newsletters are here and ready to use. As always, these valuable resources serve as excellent tools to assist you in implementing practical parenting strategies and provide ideas tailored to each age and stage of your child’s educational journey.
We encourage you to explore the Daily Learning Planners, as they offer numerous suggestions that can help promote dialogue and connection with your children throughout the month.
Early Childhood Planner
Elementary School Planner
Middle School Planner
High School Planner
Have a great weekend ahead.
Head of School