Step 1: Online Application and Documents
American International School warmly welcomes applications by all families.
Please follow these simple steps to complete the application process:
2. Please have ready:
- Recent digital passport or student photo of applicant;
- Applicant’s passport photo page and/or birth certificate;
- Applicant’s HKID (if available);
- Applicant's permit to study in HK for non-HK permanent residents*;
- PDF or paper copy of school reports in English for the last 2 years (if applicable) / last 3 years if applying to Grade 12;
- Official school transcript if applying to Grade 10-12;
- Family video (optional): All EC1 to G4 applicants are welcome to submit a video up to one minute in length. Please ensure that both parents and children are in the video. They are invited to talk about ‘Why would you like to join AIS?"
- Signed Parental Agreement form;
- A non-refundable, non-transferrable application fee payment of HKD1,500. Accepted payment methods are credit card, check (payable to American International School), cash or bank transfer.
Upload the above documents to the online application form.
3. Grade 1 to 12 Applicants:
Please refer to the checklist on your Personal Applicant Account Dashboard and forward our Student Reference Form(s) directly to your current teachers' school email addresses.
An application with insufficient supporting documents or without payment will not be processed.
- *Applicants in the process of applying for Hong Kong residential status are welcome to apply. Proof for the right of abode or a visa/entry permit to study in the HKSAR issued by the Hong Kong Immigration Department must be presented prior to be admitted to AIS.
- AIS does not have any support programs for English as a Second Language or for students with special learning needs. Therefore, all applicants must disclose any and all additional documentation or reports relating to the applicant’s ability to successfully learn in a regular English academic school environment.
- Applicants applied early in the year need to submit all outstanding documents such as their most recent report cards, transcripts and completed Student Reference Form(s) via their current school (if applicable) before being considered for entrance assessments. Any supplementary documents may be submitted by post or via electronic mail as one single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit any original documents to the school.